Bill Uretsky - Founder
Bill Uretsky has over 35 years of Law Enforcement and Security Training
Accumulated through his years with the Carmel-by-the-Sea Police Department and ownership of a Private Security Company. Bill first started his law enforcement career in 1976 with the Carmel Police Department before retiring in 2000 as a Police Lieutenant in order to start his own Private Security Company.
As a Police Lieutenant, Bill conducted numerous security details involving high ranking politicians, dignitaries, and celebrities.
In addition, Bill conducted "Security Assessments" for private residential communities, retail stores, school districts, industrial and commercial sites, hotels, and restaurants.
Applied his law enforcement experience into the private sector
Bill has applied his law enforcement experience into the private sector as the owner of a Private Security Company which he started in 2000. Bill has been providing professional and customer service oriented Security Guards on the Monterey Peninsula and throughout the Salinas Valley to numerous schools, colleges, residential communities, commercial, & industrial sites, retail stores, jewelry outlets, event halls, hotels, restaurants, and private homes. In addition, Bill has provided executive protection to politicians & celebrities, as well as armed escorts for jewelers and couriers.
Uretsky Security provides Security Assessment for all types of facilities as well as Uniformed & Non-Uniformed, Armed & Unarmed, Stationary & Mobile Patrol Security Guards licensed through the State of California.
We currently employ over 100 Licensed Security Guards, many of whom are former law enforcement, currently in or just graduated from the police academy and/or military. The security guards are trained to handle any type of situation with the client's best interest as their number one concern.
Commendations and Awards
- Received the Award of Merit from the Monterey County Peace Officers Association for solving an attempted murder, which was rejected by other officers.
- Received the Award of Merit from the Monterey County Peace Officers Association for preventing an armed robbery.
- Received a Distinguished Service Citation from the Monterey County Peace Officers Association for solving and apprehending a burglary suspect.
- Letters of Commendation for developing and implementing a Department Report Writing Manual, Domestic Violence Manual, Physical Fitness Program, Traffic Survey Format, Cost Analysis for annexation, Cost Analysis for equipment purchase.
- Seven (7) Letters of Commendation for investigating various complaints of theft and fraud requiring surveillance, interview and investigative techniques resulting in the apprehension and conviction of suspects.